Puzzletome Home Page Puzzletome
Discuss all aspects of the Puzzletome website

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View previous topic :: View next topic  
carolanne
Pestilent congregation of vapours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*clapping*

I'm happy to add my applause. I'm still fairly new to this (joined March) and this is the only site I visit. For me the puzzles are really enjoyable, challenging but solvable (with a little help of course). There is a great community here, I've found so many people who are willing to help, give hints, explain methods that are new to me, and so on. B2B has been essential for me, I couldn't have begun to solve some codes without that information.

Well done to every one involved in the creation and admin of the site and contests.

Could I just say, I don't think we should knock someone down for making suggestions. Nicky P may have come across a little brusque, but I think that is one of the problems of mail, it has no tone of voice. I often type something that I mean tongue in check, but then delete it because it reads completely differently when written down. I sometimes add emoticons to try to express my meaning but even that is sometimes misleading.

Besides, her suggestion was worthwhile, I for one would find that useful. I would imagine that the admin welcome suggestions for how people think the site might be improved, especially if they are currently rebuilding it.

Nicky P, welcome to Puzzletome. Stick around, they're a friendly bunch really. The puzzles are great and that's the most important thing.

CA
SparkPlug
Because I can

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carolanne wrote:
Besides, her suggestion was worthwhile

Her Surprised

I had it down as a geezer !

Seriously, whilst it may or may not be a valid point, "it" describes this site as "not great" because it doesn't offer such a service, yet - to my knowledge - nor does any other puzzle site.

Also, as Andy rightly says, it was delivered extremely rudely (I note with interest that "their" only other post - a cry for help - was delivered equally tersely)... and I await, with bated breath, the expiration of the "for now" period Evil or Very Mad
carolanne

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SparkPlug wrote:
I had it down as a geezer !

Embarassed I shouldn't presume.

OK, as he/she puts their occupation down as marketing, more consideration could have been given to the wording. I only meant to give Nicky P the benefit of the doubt and to let him/her know what a cuddly bunch you are, but most of all I wanted to give my vote of thanks to everyone involved in Puzzletome.
CA Surrender
carolanne

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely, none of us would be looking for hidden meanings in anything writen on this site. Surprised
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: